Tuesday 4 September 2012

Projects

I've always been rather crafty. My wedding firstly provided the perfect excuse to buy a glue gun, and now provides a great outlet for crafty endeavours. I wish I had started blogging earlier because although my wedding isn't until April, 2013, I have already started on a number of projects.

My most recently completed project - cake toppers:


These cuties started off their life as plain wooden dolls, I sketched my design on them, gave them two coats of paint, varnished them and then added accessories (bouquet is little bits of felt). Voila!

Another completed project - cake table decoration:


These started off their life as plain cardboard letters (purchased from Hobbycraft). 'L' has been covered in scrunched tissue paper (and held on with lots of glue) and then spraypainted gold. Definitely an outdoor project. 'O' has had many hours of attention as it's wrapped in orange wool. 'V' is covered in layers of glue and gold glitter - another outdoor project while the 'E' has small strips of orange material glued on it. I'm yet to decide whether the 'E' needs a layer of varnish. 

Almost completed project - buttonholes:


There are two buttonholes left to be made so I'm sure I can do a step-by-step guide while I complete them. This will also provide a clue as to how my bouquet is turning out.

With so many DIY weddings, I thought I'd write this blog to help share ideas and to keep track of my progress. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment: